Toxic Free Skincare Recommendations by a Fibromyalgia Sufferer
*This blog post contains PR Samples and affiliated links and discount codes.
This is part two of my Toxic Free Series. In part one READ HERE I talked about toxic ingredients within our beauty products that can cause inflammation and reaction especially if you have a chronic illness and are already sensitive to toxins within the body.
I have been on a little mission to test and find you all some toxic free brands that will give you the self care indulgence as well as good results. Toxic free doesn’t have to be boring or clinical there are some absolute gems out there.
My first category here is toxic free skincare. I have started with skincare because I just feel of all the self care routines we do skincare is the most important. Skincare is a must, a daily essential though it should also be indulgent and it should always make you feel amazing whilst you do the routine and after. Those few minutes just for yourself each day are essential for your mind, well being as well as your skin.
Also every makeup artist I have ever met has said there is no such things as flawless makeup without good skincare first, if you look after your skin and treat your skin concerns you will need less makeup. You will only be using makeup to enhance the beauty you have and not cover up the concerns you have. So that’s why skincare is my first category.
Right let’s get down to brands and recommendations shall we?
Ren has fast become for me, as I continue to try their products a favourite. Their products give amazing results yet the brand does not scrimp on cost to keep their entire range sustainable.
Key things you should know about Ren –
• The brand was created by a mum-to-be who’s skin had become sensitised when using everyday skincare. First of she turned to natural skincare then discovered the skincare also needed to be gentle enough for sensitive skin. Ren skincare was then born using not just natural ingredients but bio-active and sensitive skin is at the core of their brand values.
• Ren skincare use bioactive natural ingredients without compromise that are all sourced cruelty free and ethically. The formulas are made to give powerful results whilst being kind and gentle to the skin even if you have sensitive skin.
• The brand are planet conscious and ensure that from the very offset of their products journey there is zero waste. Their packaging is all 100% recyclable either to be recycled or reused.
• All products are Cruelty Free.
Not only do I love Rens values as a brand but I love their price point to. Compared to other brands I would declare them as mid-priced and they often have offers and free gifts with purchase to constantly giving to their consumers.
My Top 3 Ren Products
Glow and Protect Serum RRP £50.00
Evercalm Barrier Support Elixir RRP £44.00
Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk RRP £25.00
You can shop Ren at LookFantastic and receive 20% off with my exclusive discount code LFTFNICOLAL - HERE
Kora Organics is a brand founded by A list celebrity and absolute beauty Miranda Kerr.
What I love about her brand most is that she has captured for me all the things that I love about beauty products. The whole sensual experience. Her products, look good, smell good and feel good on the skin to. This is pure indulgence at it’s absolute finest.
Key things you should know about Kora Organics :-
• The brand is wellness inspired to make you feel good from the inside out. Miranda wanted her consumers to have products that were organic and natural being mindful that whatever goes on your skin gets consumed into your body.
• The brand was founded in Miranda's home country Australia but is now available in over 30 regions.
• Noni Extract is a key ingredient in every single product. A powerful antioxidant that has rejuvenating and healing properties. It fights against antioxidants which cause premature ageing and skin sensitivity.
• All of Kora Organics products are Cruelty Free.
• A Certified Organic Brand which guarantees you all the ingredients are 100% Organic.
Kora Organics is more high end in price but totally worth the treat you really get the whole home spa feel with this brand.
I don’t currently have any absolute faves as I have only tried a limited selection from this particular brand but have loved the products I have tried.
Product Recommendations :-
Milky Mushroom Cleansing Oil RRP £38.00
Active Algae Lightweight Moisturiser RRP 42.00
Minty Mineral Hydration Mist RRP £38.00
You can shop Kora Organics at LookFantastic and receive 20% off with my exclusive discount code LFTFNICOLAL - HERE
Tatcha had been on my wishlist of brands to try forever but it was not available in the UK and to get it here was astronomical in price but now she’s here finally and exclusive to SpaceNK. I was so excited about trying this brand as again it focuses on wellness, something a chronic illness sufferer has to be mindful of. The brand has created products to give harmony to both your skin and soul whilst celebrating skin at every shade, age and type.
All the formulas have been created in Tokyo Japan where the brand origins from using timeless Japanese Botanicals which replicate the Japanese nutrient rich diet which is said to be the healthiest in the world.
Key things you should know about TATCHA :-
• Thinking back to the purpose of this blog post TATCHA are conscious of our health creating products that have a positive effect on our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing connecting with all of our senses as we use them.
• Each product is designed to give you a sensual experience in all of your senses to in turn support healthy looking skin.
• The brand believes education is vital and give back to education systems in Africa, South East Asia and the US to give children a better education and to help break the cycle of poverty by giving resources such as books and mentoring girls so they have a better chance in life and are less likely to have to marry young and live a life of poverty due to lack of education.
• Their products contain their patented ingredient Hadasei-3 a complex of twice fermented rice, green tea and algae which comes from the healthy nutrient dense Japanese Diet.
I was lucky to attend the launch and really experience the brand with meditation guidance to and honestly for the wellbeing as well as the skin it was enlightening and a wonderful experience and I look forward to delving more into the brand to a currently I have only triedn a couple of products which were instant hits.
Product Recommendations :-
The Water Cream RRP £63.00
The Dewy Skin Cream RRP £63.00
Farmacy hasn’t long launched in the UK, originally being available in the US. When they launched here there was quite a lot of interest from UK fans and with good reasons as the brand has amazing brand ethic as well as amazing products that are fun to use! They have a clean aesthetic with fun scents and ingredients making them a popular choice for all age groups.
Key things you should know about FARMACY :-
• Their farm- to – face philosophy means their ingredients in absolutely all of their products are 100% natural, clean and conflict free.
• Their packaging is now 100% waste free. Everything is made with 100% recyclable material and is 100% recyclable.
• The brand is cruelty free.
• Farmacy are partners of Feeding America donating millions of meals to Americans to end hunger.
I have used quite a few of Farmacys products and they really are amazing to use. I especially think they are amazing for younger age groups as they have a real trendy feel to them and definitely look the part on your skincare vanity. Available in the UK at Cult Beauty.
My Top 3 Farmacy Products
Green Clean Cleansing Balm – RRP £32.00
Honeymoon Glow – RRP £55.00
Clean Bee Facial Cleanser – RRP £27.00
Scientia blend science with nature to give the skin a natural healthy glow. Again with my self care beliefs Scientia support that skincare should help you feel a certain kind of positive way during your routine and when you look in the mirror afterwards. Their packaging is both aesthetic and fun making this brand appealing particularly to younger age groups and the formulas contain aroma-therapeutic scents to give you a sensual experience that’s good for the mind and the soul.
Key things you should know about Scientia :-
• Made in the UK
• Vegan friendly and cruelty free.
• Tiffany the founder of Scientia a fellow skincare junkie like all of us really listened to consumers during her many years of working in the industry to create a brand that looked good, was on trend, easy to understand and sustainable.
• Skincare suitable for all age groups that gives you that lit from within skin.
Scientia is available in the UK at Cult Beauty and Selfridges.
Product Recommendations :-
Dusk Elixir oil blend - RRP £32.00
Dawn Elixir oil blend - RRP £32.00
Ceramide Skin Rescue - RRP £28.00
Honest Beauty is founded by Celebrity A Lister Jessica Alba. She created a brand that’s not only effective to our skin but also completely safe, clean and toxic free. She has banished over 2,500 ingredients from her beauty range so far, a range which covers skincare, makeup and even products for our babies and children. Being a mum herself who is passionate about eliminating toxins she made sure she the kids were looked after to.
Key things you should know about Honest Beauty :-
• They have recently rebranded to ensure all of their products have sustainable packaging. Their packaging materials are – Aluminium, Tin compacts, Glass and PCR plastics.
• The brands ethos is “You shouldn’t have to choose between what works and what’s good for you”.
• The brand has donated over 25 million products to families in need.
• Their top priority is to protect human health.
• All honest products are clean, toxic free and free from animal cruelty.
I have used quite a few of Honest Beauty products across all of the categories they create we will see some makeup items in my Toxic Free makeup blog but here are some skincare products I love.
Product Recommendations :-
Hdyrogel Cream – RRP £25.00
The Daily Calm Lightweight Moisturiser – RRP £35.00
Calm & Go Face Mist – RRP £20.00
You can shop Honest Beauty at LookFantastic and receive 20% off with my exclusive discount code LFTFNICOLAL - HERE
I hope you have enjoyed my Toxic Free Skincare post. Please feel free to get in touch with me on Instagram if there is any questions you have or in the comments below.
October 8, 2022